Saturday, December 7, 2013

I feel like JOB sometimes.

Sometimes when life gets hard, I hear the voice of Jobs wife " Why don't you just curse God and die!" Not that my troubles, are anything compared to Job ha ha...but sometimes the temptation is to wallow in misery and blame and question God. Jobs response was "Shall we accept blessings from God and not the bad stuff?" (Powell paraphrased) " The Lord gives and the Lord takes away...Blessed be the name of the Lord" so then I ask God...during my hard moments, "okay...then Lord what do you require of me during this time? What shall my response be to those who hurt me?" And then Micah 6:8 comes to mind "He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Justice, tempered with Mercy and humbly placing myself and my trials and those who have hurt me, at His feet. So. That's what I am going to do! That and Praise God in ALL things. 
Thank you Jesus for your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment