Sunday, February 9, 2014

Random-relevent-middle-of-the-night Psalm??


So I have been going through a tremendous season of pain. Deep heart pain, grief, lonliness. A season of Job where many many things (mostly material, but some people also) have been taken from me. I have been thrust into new and scary and difficult situations and I have had to rely on the Lord financially and physically in ways I have not had to before. To say it's been hell and that I am weary is an understatement. 

But tonight i rejoice once again in Gods word. Once again, my love for Scripture prevails. I wept BITTERLY tonight. Its 2:30 a.m. And I have been up for nearly 24 hours. I am broken. I cried out to the Lord and I asked Him to hear my cries....and suddenly the image, Psalm 61 came to my mind. I thought, are you sure God? Psalm 61? Who reads psalms 60's they aren't the more well known verses. And surely it can't be relevent. Isn't David just lamenting about his enemies for most of those chapters? 

But the Lord was insistent. So I blew my nose, wiped my eyes and looked up Psalm 61 

Psalm 61[a]

For the director of music. With stringed instruments. Of David.

Hear my cry, O God;
    listen to my prayer.
From the ends of the earth I call to you,
    I call as my heart grows faint;
    lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For you have been my refuge,
    a strong tower against the foe.
I long to dwell in your tent forever
    and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.[b]
For you, God, have heard my vows;
    you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.
6 Increase the days of the king’s life,
his years for many generations.
7 May he be enthroned in God’s presence forever;
 appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him.
Then I will ever sing in praise of your name
 and fulfill my vows day after day.

Wow. The first part of this...I could have written myself!  It was my personal lament. My personal hearts, ache, longing...for God to show up! 
But even as I read on and chose to receive the promise, that God is my refuge, and I can find shelter in His wings, I realized, also...He has given me the Heritage of those who also feared His name! What a blessing their testimonies have been in my life! I am also not a king or queen per se but by being faithful, I too can be enthroned in Gods presence forever. Both literally in the NEXT life, but isn't that also what I am doing when I am meditating on His word? Especially when He gives it to me in such a supernatural way....His presence is with me, RIGHT NOW! As I read those very words. I can CHOOSE to rest on the promise that no matter what I see or feel ...I am protected by Gods LOVE and faithfulness. And that makes me of course...want to 

sing in praise of your name
 and fulfill my vows day after day.

Halellujah. 

2 comments:

  1. Mrs MamaMia ... since we are part of the Kingdom of God ... we are Kings and Priests ... a peculiar people! So yes! You are a King/Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. But I was speaking literally. :) ha ha

    ReplyDelete