Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Good Shepherd

I was sleeping actually, albeit fitfully, when the Lord woke me up to show me a vision I had of a friend. This friend recently lost her husband very suddenly. He left her with tremendous amount of debt and a significant loss of his income to boot. In addition to grieving her husband of nearly 40 years she has a grown daughter that is quite ill and she lives at home so my friend can care for her. I spoke to her recently about all these troubles and I know she is exhausted and afraid. Her grief is so deep. I didn't have much to offer except my prayers. So when I woke up to the vision of my friend and her daughter... which was not pretty by the way. So much so, I am not going to repeat the details, except to say it was very evident that the enemy had a foothold and was wreaking havoc on this little family. My heart hurt for her. So I prayed. I prayed many things for my friends, but I also asked the Lord. "What verse shall I give her so that she can be encouraged." And this my friends is why I decided to blog about it. The verse I was shown was Isaiah 61:3. I had NO idea when I got that passage address, what the verse said. I had NO idea if I had indeed clearly heard from the Lord. I had NO idea WHICH verse exactly God was telling me to share with her... until I read it for myself.

and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
    instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
    instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    a planting of the Lord
    for the display of his splendor.

The best part of this is that, it was so clearly from the Lord for her, even if she had heard it a thousand times it was just a small bit of proof for my friend that God SEES her and that He HEARS her and that He CARES for her. HER Specifically. That He loves her! And it is so true of each of us!! I am beyond humbled and overjoyed that God chose to speak to me tonight. It's incredible. And I LOVE that God's word is always relevant and can build people up! It is also more evidence that simply BEING in Gods word and in prayer, knowing "His voice" can be powerful. 

John 10:2-4

 But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment